03 February, 2007

CDC Can't Take No For An Answer

A couple of weeks ago, I received a letter from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) informing me that I had the honor of being selected to take part in a telephone survey. The notice said that an independent survey group would be calling to ask me questions about the immunization history of the children under 4 years of age at my residence.

Here's some of my background -
I have four children, none of which are now under 4 years old. My wife and I have have opted to homeschool all of our children. Of the myriad of reasons for homeschooling, the fact that the government at every level tends to utilize involvement in the public school system as a means to monitor and fashion behaviors ranks highly on the list.

Under the guise of public health and safety, local agencies are directed to require vaccinations prior to admittance to the government indoctrination facilities (read public schools), some of which the diseases have been virtually eradicated years ago.

The medical community often plays handmaiden to the CDC through pressure exerted on the American Medical Association (AMA) and the final step in this extortion is the federal action that prevents legal recourse against the vaccine producers should an adverse reaction occur.

Ok, back to the "invitation" to participate in the CDC survey.

About a week ago, I received a call from someone that identified themselves as part of a research group connected with the University of Chicago. They said that my "phone number" had been selected for a survey about vaccinations. They asked if I had received the letter, to which I answered that I had. The asked if they could ask me the questions on their survey. My answer was, "you can ask if you wish but I will not answer." The dialog continued for a moment with the caller asking me if there was a reason for not wanting to answer the questions. My reply was, "the matter is none of your business." The call ended.

Three days later, they called again while we were out.
The next day, another call. The same courteous introduction followed and when they asked if they could ask me their questions, I said "Absolutely not".

My objection and suspicions are these.

What database was accessed to learn that I had school aged children when I don't participate in the government school system? Birth records? Tax information?

Further, the fact that the callers would like me to believe that my name was selected on the basis of a simple "phone number" selection is totally deceptive. The letter I received was address to me by name.

What's the next step? I do not know whether respondents data will include those that refuse to take part. I do not know when local agencies will have access to the results of the finding. Seeing as the CDC gained some specific information about my household, there could be many possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home