13 December, 2007

God Is Dead? He Seemed Fine This Morning

Borderfire Report:
"Despite dire warnings of the immediate and irreversible demise of the Almighty should I dare to see ‘The Golden Compass’, two friends and I took the plunge this weekend. I’m happy to report that God seems none the worse for wear. He was His usual chipper Self when we talked this morning.

Which brings me to my point. What in heaven’s name is there in this film to object to? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for a good boycott when it’s needed. I’m even a multi-task capable boycotter. I stayed away from all things French until they recently elected Sarkozy as their President. All of that while maintaining my years long commitment to not see ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’ or ‘Brokeback Mountain’. My family homeschools our 5 children and none of them has ever spent even 30 seconds in a public school as a student. I can do Politics, Religion and even toss in Education and not even break a sweat."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home