13 November, 2006

From The Ashes

I don't necessarily agree with the other points by this author but I do support term limits at the national level for all congressional offices. Term limits would break the "power-lust" that overtakes otherwise rational thinking people of both major parties.
I would also suggest an easier procedure to engage recalls to keep our "public servants" on the straight and narrow.

Renew America:
"Fourth, term limits and other reasonable government reforms must be on the agenda. For years, I thought term limits was an idea that merely limited the choice of voters. However eight-term Representatives Duke Cunningham (R-Ca.) and William Jefferson (D-La.), along with six-term Representatives Mark Foley and Bob Ney (R-Oh.) have convinced me that there's such a thing as too much time in Washington and I think most voters will agree."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home